Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Two Tips



Time management and self-control. These are the two things I learned as a college freshman that helped me all the way through college up to now.

I never knew how important these two traits are when it comes to college-level studying. It's different from being a high school student. I don't know why, but it seems as if college school work just keeps piling up on you without knowing it. It's best to make sure that you list down all that you need to do and put a check box next to it. That method can help you manage your time and you will know how long you need to work at it.

But as you try to be a conscientious student, temptations get in the way. At first, I would be on the Internet for like an hour before I get some studying done. Now I know better. What I would do is control myself from opening that Internet browser and settle first on doing what needs to be done. That's where self-control and time management comes in.

Even break periods help me to do my tasks. If I have this irregular break time in-between classes, I would use it to go to the library and start my research on my assignments. Then my writing draft follows. That means I already started it and I can finish it later on. It feels good that you've started something and you look forward to finishing it.

Managing your time and self-control isn't that easy, but if you make it a habit, it becomes a part of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment