Monday, March 17, 2014

Why I Read




My peers used to say that being seen with a pile of books beside you makes you a nerdy bookworm.

I say otherwise, because reading can help you grow and fill up your mind. It doesn't make you a nerd at all (whoever said it is so shallow-minded). Rather, reading gives you a pleasant respite from the doldrums of daily life as you escape and enter a magical world. In this world, you can be anything you want to be, and experience beauty, suffering, and success along with your favorite character/s.

I read to escape for a while. But I also read to help me deal with the realities of life.

I read for the purpose of exploration without having to leave my room.

I read not just to update myself with popular literature-turned-movies, but to see what the buzz is all about and what I can pick up from there.

I read to inspire myself in writing about my own worlds. Creative writing doesn't only end with fan fiction. Write your own story, and see how far you can take it from there.

Most of all, I read just for the sake of enjoyment.

I read because of endless reasons. But most of all, I read because I love to.

No comments:

Post a Comment